Monday, July 19, 2010

Welcome to Neat Eats

George's Smokin' BBQ and the Coffee Depot, in the town of Chisago City where I live, are great places to eat, drink and meet with friends. Mansetti's and Big Apple Bagels, in nearby Forest Lake, have their charms too. And let me not forget the fun to be had at the Taco Bell and Subway restaurants in Osseo, where I work.

But on this Monday, the start of a vacation week away from the office, I'm deciding to broaden my horizons and check out restaurants that are new for me. This first week, July 19-23, the goal is to go somewhere new each day and I'll share thoughts on each adventure here. After Friday, my plan is to add at least one post per week.

I'll take suggestions (just know that I'm not one for going more than $10-12 per person too often).

1 comment:

  1. St. Paul suggestion: Pink Flamingo at Sydicate and University (across from the Super Target Midway). It's African (Eritean) food. Make sure to get the rice. Sit by the window. Talk to the owner about what she recommends for your first dish. You will get the BEST customer service you've ever experienced. A $10 meal is enough for 2 people, I promise.

    ReplyDelete